1. Study obligations
Study obligations include successfully completing:
- faculty colloquium
- small thesis defence
- defence of the DBA final thesis
2. Requirements for research and creative activity
As part of their studies, students are required to conduct research activities in the field of applied research related to the focus of the DBA dissertation, which is also presented to the professional public. The DBA student must obtain 50 points for research and publishing activities, which are calculated as follows:
– the output is always divided by the number of co-authors, the supervisor does not count, the article must be related to the fields of FBA
– scientific article in a scientific journal with IF or SJR: 50 points
– another peer-reviewed professional article in a scientific journal or an article in a specialized professional periodical of 4 standard pages or more (10 points)
– contribution to a conference held at the CPCI, Scopus or to an international prestigious scientific conference: 10 points
– contribution to a specialized professional conference or article in a specialized professional periodical of less than 4 standard pages: 5 points
– obtaining a project of applied or contract research: 10 points for each research carried out by FBA University of Economics (VŠE)
Achieved publications must be registered in the database of publishing activities of the University of Economics, Prague and dedicated to FBA University of Economics.
3. Other obligations (obtaining points for other professional activities and outputs)
The student is obliged to obtain 70 points, out of which 20 are obtained through the study of other subjects, seminars, professional workshops. Specifically, these are the following performance points:
– completion of another doctoral course for DBA at FBA: 10 points
– completion of other methodological and similar seminars: 2 points / day
– participation in the FBA research club: 1 point
4. Mentoring and other DBA student support
Since the commencement of the studies, the student has a supervisor who accompanies and supports them in the field of managerial research methodology. The recommended frequency of contact is about one hour every two weeks throughout the study. To this end, the student will be recommended a business mentor who has a relevant insight into the area of interest of the student. During their studies, students have access to all academic resources of the University of Economics, library services, IT support. Students become part of the entire academic community of the University of Economics.
5. Admission procedure
The admission procedure takes place twice a year, in January and June, unless otherwise specified. The applicant applies for the admission procedure by sending a written application and submitting basic documents – curriculum vitae, diploma confirming the master’s university study or MBA degree obtained, research project in the range of 5-10 pages in English.
Based on these submitted documents, the applicant is invited to an oral interview (in English).
The admission committee decides on the final admission of the applicant.
6. Completion of DBA studies
The DBA program is concluded by fulfilling all study obligations and upon a successful defence of a written DBA dissertation in front of a committee.
7. Price of the DBA program
The price of the program is 5,000 EUR for each academic year. The expected duration of study is 3 years.
8. Language of the DBA program
The DBA program is carried out in English, so a proficient knowledge of English is assumed – this will be verified during an oral interview.
(Based on an application addressed to the director of the DBA program, Czech students can write their final thesis in Czech.)