Study obligations of the Doctor of Business Administration program
The study obligations of the DBA program include the completion of:
Students shall in the first year of their studies complete all the required courses (in total four courses):
The study obligation of the student is to complete the following compulsory course within the DBA studies:
- 3DB901 Methodology of scientific research for DBA – Note: To be taken in the first semester of DBA studies!
Based on the supervisor’s recommendation, the student also chooses the following courses:
- At least one of the two compulsory elective courses (Branch compulsory course I.):
- 3DB902 Statistical methods for quantitative research for DBA (Note: To be taken after the course 3DB901 Methodology for scientific research for DBA!) or
- 3DB903 Qualitative research for DBA (Note: Offered only in winter semesters)
- At least one of the two compulsory elective courses (Branch compulsory course II.):
- 3DB904 Management for DBA (Note: Offered only in winter semesters) or
- 3DB905 Economics of the firm and industry for DBA (Note: Offered only in summer semesters)
- One of the nine department-guaranteed courses (Optional course):
- Business Research for DBA,
- Strategy Research for DBA,
- Marketing Research for DBA,
- Management and Managerial Decision Research for DBA,
- Art Management Research for DBA,
- HR Management Research for DBA,
- Supply Chain Management Research for DBA,
- Logistics and Transportation for the DBA,
- Research in Managerial Psychology and Sociology for the DBA,
- Research in Managerial Economics for the DBA.
Another study obligation is the successful completion of the department and the faculty colloquia, at the end of the first and the second year. You can learn more about the colloquia here.