How to Apply / Admissions
In order to participate in the entrance exams it is necessary to send an application, appendix to the application, together with all other necessary documents (see details below). Then it is necessary to pass the entrance exams in January 2020.
What to do to log on to the admission procedure?
- Submit an application form electronically (see the webpage http://insis.vse.cz/prihlaska/?lang=en). The system is open from 1 November to 15 December 2019.
- Pay an administrative application fee for admission procedure that is 50 EUR (particular information will be automatically sent after sending the application). After sending the application, the applicant will receive the account number and variable symbol, which are needed for payment. These will be sent to the email address given in his/her applications. The application fee is to be remitted by postal order or bank transfer only. Please note that all costs connected with making the payment must be covered by the payer. In the case of currency conversion, some banks charge a flat deduction from the amount sent, so ask at your bank first. The application fee is non-refundable.
- The appendix to the application form, together with the enclosed documents, must be submitted in written form. Appendix to Application Form for Doctoral Study you find here. The documents are to be sent to the coordinator for doctoral studies at FBA. Study coordinator for doctoral study: Ing. Adriana Válová – Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3, Czech Republic.
- Short structured professional curriculum vitae
- List of publications of the applicant with a short annotation
- PhD. research proposal on the intended topic of own research (the length 2000–2500 words) in English. Topics for the doctoral thesis must be chosen from the following list of topics), which is updated annually in January. The names of supervisors and their contact address can be found there as well. It is highly recommended to contact a possible supervisor as soon as possible in order to discuss with him/her a specific focus of PhD. research proposal and, in some cases, the possibility of making some adjustment to the topic. The research proposal should be written in the following structure:
- Scientific background for the project – the knowledge of current state-of the art in a given field resulting in interesting research questions that the applicant wants to solve. Goals and expected contributions for science as well as for practice should be clearly specified.
- Methods – envisioned samples for primary data collection and databases for secondary data analysis should be well specified. Methods of data gathering (e.g., approved scales) and data analysis should be described.
- The list of main literature sources relevant for PhD. research proposal.
- The research proposal should be signed by the potential supervisor.
- Recognition of Higher Education: Admission to a Doctoral Study Program is conditional upon the proper completion of studies in a Masters´ Study Program. The Master’s Diploma must be recognized in the Czech Republic (see Information for Applicants on the Recognition of Higher Education and Qualifications Acquired Abroad). All documents necessary for the recognition process are to be sent in the prescribed form to the Legal Department of the University of Economics, Prague. The applicant’s request, together with all necessary documents must be sent, by post, to the following address:
Ing. Adriana Válová, Ph.D.
Fakulta podnikohospodářská VŠE v Praze
nám. W. Churchilla 4
130 67 Praha 3
Applicants who have met all the requirements of FBA admission procedures will receive a letter of invitation to participate in the entrance exam. The entrance exams usually take place in one day in the second half June. In some justified cases, it is possible to participate in the exams in January next year. However, it is necessary to consult the possibility with the coordinator for doctoral studies at FBA.
An applicant who has chosen the study program taught in a foreign language must take an oral entrance examination in English. He/she must be able to discuss his/her research proposal. It is not necessary to prove language proficiency by certificates such as TOEFL or CAE; they are however welcome.
Admission to the Doctoral Studies Program is conditional upon successfully undergoing the University’s admission procedure. The final decision rests with the dean of the faculty of the respective Doctoral Program with due consideration given to success in the entrance examination, as well as the teaching capacity of the faculty. If an applicant has not been admitted only because of the insufficient teaching capacity at the faculty, the examination results remain valid for one year following the date on which the examination was taken.
Students who will be admitted are informed by a letter of admission.
Additional information is available here.