Research and creative activity of the Doctor of Business Administration program
As part of their studies, DBA students are required to conduct research activities in the field of applied research related to the focus of the DBA dissertation, which is also presented to the professional public. The DBA student must obtain 50 points for research and publishing activities, which are calculated as follows:
- The output is always divided by the number of co-authors, the supervisor does not count, the article must be related to the fields of FBA
- Scientific article in a scientific journal with IF or SJR: 50 points
- Another peer-reviewed professional article in a scientific journal or an article in a specialized professional periodical of 4 standard pages or more: 15 points
- Contribution to a conference held at the CPCI, Scopus or to an international prestigious scientific conference: 15 points
- Contribution to a specialized professional conference or article in a specialized professional periodical of less than 4 standard pages: 10 points
- Obtaining a project of applied or contract research: 10 points for each research project conducted by the Faculty of Business Administration (maximum points: 40)
- Explanation: Applied research includes research in cooperation with practitioners that result in new software, patent, methodology, etc. This includes grants from the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic (https://www.tacr.cz/en/technology-agency-of-the-czech-republic/), contractual research with companies and other institutions or consultancy. FBA must be the receiving institution of the project (but it doesn’t mean that other students or faculty members have to be involved).
- In exceptional cases, points for other activities may be approved by the Academic Director.
Publication outputs have to be registered in the Database of publishing activities of the Prague University of Economics and Business and the DBA student must state the affiliation at the FBA, Prague University of Economics and Business.