Join the European Ethics Bowl competition
Share your views on current ethical dilemmas. Compete against your peers from all over Europe.
VŠE students are offered a unique opportunity to participate in the European Ethics Bowl competition, which takes place under the auspices of the Faculty of Business Administration (FBA).
The competition takes place in four stages:
- National round: After registration, teams of three compete with each other on an institutional level (winning team will go to quarterfinal).
- Quarterfinals: A maximum number of 27 institutions compete against each other (online).
- Semi-finals: An online competition among the 9 winning teams.
- Finals: Three finalists compete against each other at the EIB headquarters in Luxembourg (if not restricted due to Covid-19 pandemic).
You can enter the competition until June 9, 2021, 23:59.
In the national round, all teams argument a short case study based on an ethical dilemma. This year’s theme is “Environmental Challenges”.
On June 10, 2021, a short case study will be sent to all properly registered teams. It will be a dilemma (it does not have the right solution), so core arguments will be crucial. By June 17, the teams will submit a 3-5 minute video where they will explain their solution of the case study.
The national round of the competition will be held online on June 28, 2021 (in case of many entrants also on June 29).
More information will be sent to the teams by the organizers after registration.
Committee chairman: PhDr. David Anthony Procházka, Ph.D., MBA, MSc, FBA VŠE
- PhDr. Juraj Hvorecký, Ph.D., Institute of Philosophy of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- Mgr. Robin Kopecký, Faculty of Science, Charles University
- Mgr. Michaela Jirout Košová, Ph.D., Karel Čapek Center for Values in Science and Technology
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Wiedermann, DrSc., Institute of Computer Science of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- PhDr. David Černý, Ph.D., Institute of State and Law of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- PhDr. Tomáš Hříbek, Ph.D., Institute of Philosophy of the Czech Academy of Sciences
Awards in national round:
For the first place in the qualifying stage, each team member will receive CZK 3,000. Members of the teams that place second and third will each receive CZK 1,000. At the same time, the members of these teams will be awarded a diploma by the Dean of FBA and the Committee chairman. The other participants will receive a certificate of participation signed by the Dean of FBA and the Committee chairman.
Bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral and MBA students from all over the Prague University of Economics and Business can apply, but at least one member of the three-member team must be FBA student.
Apply as a team
It is allowed to sign up as an individual if you do not have other team members. Individuals then will be randomly assigned to the team if the condition of 3 members and at least one team member from FBA is met. We recommend you to try to build a team yourself, as we cannot guarantee that you will be paired.
Apply as an individual
The maximum capacity of entrants is 10 teams (30 students). You can apply until June 9, 2021 23:59 or until the capacity is full.