CEMS Business Projects 2023 Final Presentations
On Friday, May 19, 2023, International Management/CEMS students, corporate partners, and academic tutors gathered for a round of final presentations of Business Projects, the topics of which were introduced this year in February.
There was a total of 8 teams, each working on a project from a different corporate partner, including 2 cross-border projects:
- 2 BPs were set up as x-border (Google – CUB, LSE, VSE and Hilti – CUB, SGH, VSE)
- 6 as regular BPs with 4-5 students/team
The Business Project is a consultancy-like project that serves to reinforce the CEMS partnership between universities, students, and companies, putting emphasis on the heavy lean on the practical side of the curriculum. The BP results are evaluated by both academic and corporate supervisors. Students write a report and give an oral presentation, both as a group. Student teams also present the results of their Business Projects to the top management of a particular company.
Each CEMS student has to carry out a Business Project during Term 2, amounting to 15 ECTS, which is about 50 % of their Term 2 workload.
Students are thus offered to:
- gain insight into business life
- train their analytical and problem-solving skills
- apply research methods
- transfer theoretical knowledge into practice
- learn process management
- acquire social skills
- get to know potential employers and re-define their professional goals
Students are expected to:
- take responsibility for the project
- strive for the best results
- share the workload equally within the team
- communicate well with their tutors