Ethics Committee for Research
The Ethics Committee deals with the ethical aspects of research involving humans carried out at the Faculty or by persons cooperating with the Faculty. The Commitee follows the ethical rules of the American Psychological Association and cooperates with the Ethics Committee for Research, Center for Environmental Issues, Charles University in Prague.
The procedure for submitting an application for project assessment:
- Before submitting the application, we recommend reading the statute of the commission and the rules of procedure (especially Article 2) below.
- if your planned research poses little or no risk to participants (ie the risk is similar to the risks we encounter in office work, school, or browsing the Internet) and, at the same time, the research is not to be conducted on vulnerable populations (such as pregnant women, children under the age of 18, people with disabilities, etc.), and if you only receive anonymous data within the project, please submit your application using this form.
- If your project does not meet the above point, ie there is a medium to high risk for the participants or the research is to be carried out on vulnerable populations or the data will be identifiable, please submit your application via this form, resp. contact the chairman of the commission.
We will confirm your request by email. Your application will then be reviewed within 3 weeks. You will be notified of the Commitee’s decision by e-mail provided in your application. If the project is approved, we will send you an electronic copy of the confirmation in Czech and English that the project meets the ethical standards for social science research involving humans. If you want to send the original confirmation by post, please indicate this in the application. In case of rejection, you will be asked to revise or supplement the project.
Members of the Committee
- doc. Ing. Petr Houdek, Ph.D. (chairman, e-mail) – Department of Management, Faculty of Business Administration, VŠE
- doc. Ing. Ondrej Machek, Ph.D. (vice-chairman, e-mail) – Department of Strategy, Faculty of Business Administration, VŠE
- prof. Mgr. Ing. Martin Lukeš, Ph.D. (member) – Department of Entrepreneurship, Faculty of Business Administration, VŠE
- doc. PhDr. Ing. Eva Jarosova, Ph.D. (member) – Department of Managerial Psychology and Sociology, Faculty of Business Administration, VŠE
- PhDr. Eva Höschlová, Ph.D. (external member) – Czech Association of Psychology of Work and Organization; QED GROUP