Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Who is the DBA program suitable for?
The program is designed for managers with a minimum of 5 years of experience (in exceptional cases 3 years) and experts from practice who need to use scientific procedures of applied management research to solve practical problems. The program is carried out primarily in English and is completed by obtaining the title and diploma of DBA VŠE. Prerequisite for entering the program is a Master’s degree or a corresponding MBA degree.
2. Why study DBA at the Faculty of Business Administration of the Prague University of Economics and Business?
As the only faculty in the Czech Republic, we are proud to have the internationally recognized EQUIS accreditation. We have experts who carry out world-class research and at the same time mentors with relevant business expertise. We are the best business school in the Czech Republic and Central Europe. Our knowledge and expertise guarantee the high quality of studies and at the same time scientific solutions to complex business problems.
3. How should I choose a suitable supervisor and the topic of the final doctoral thesis?
Our students bring their business problem or assignment, which they want to address, and solve it with the help of applied managerial research and theory. Depending on this topic, they are recommended both a mentor / supervisor in the field of methodology as well as a business expertise.
The first meeting on the given topic is held with the program director or academic director. A suitable supervisor is recommended at that point. The candidate then discusses the topic with the supervisor and, upon agreement, prepares the assignment of their project, which forms a part of the selection process.
4. How are the entrance exams being conducted? How is the knowledge of a foreign language tested?
The admission procedure takes place in two stages:
– submission of basic documents of the applicant (CV, diploma, research project in the range of 5 – 10 pages in English)
– oral interview in English on the submitted project and motivation of the applicant
5. When will I find out the results of the entrance exams?
You will find out the results of the entrance exams no later than thirty days after the date of taking the exam. Accepted candidates will receive information to the email address provided by them. In case of non-admission, applicants are also informed by email.
6. What does it mean when I am granted conditional enrollment? By when do I have to fulfill the missing obligations?
Conditional enrollment into the next year means that a student advances to a higher year, but within half a year he/she must fulfill the previous year’s obligations, which he/she lacks, in order to be properly and regularly enrolled into this higher year. Obligation fulfillment is immediately reported to the student’s supervisor and to the DBA centre (email@example.com).